What’s Cooking: February 10-17
It’s the final week to get all your Valentine’s Day bookings in! This week’s What’s Cooking is filled with Valentine’s Day plans, reservations and gift ideas for you and your family, friends and special someone.
Obladee, A Wine Bar
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a Wine and Cheese night in the comfort of your own home? Obladee‘s Wine & Cheese packages are back just in time for the occasion. Each package includes your choice of a bottle of wine (sparkling, white or red), three cheeses or three charcuterie or a mix, olives, locally made crisps, house-made chocolate bar and detailed product notes. Order your package now on their website to have it in time for Valentine’s Day!
The perfect gift for your partner, friend, family or for yourself! Ironworks Distillery is offering a Chocolate Lovers Gift Collection till the end of the month. This collection includes ingredients to make two of their most popular cocktails – Chocolate Martini and Starry Night plus some chocolatey treats from Lunenburg Rum Cakes! Order your box now on their website.
Another great option for a take-home charcuterie and wine night! Enjoy a romantic evening for two from the comfort and safety of your home with Planters Ridge. This take-home experience includes three different cheeses from That Dutchman’s Cheese Farm, air-dried salami and pâté from Peasant’s Pantry, a fresh baguette from the Boulangerie la Vendéenne, preserves from Helen B’s Preserves, fresh and dried fruit, nuts, crackers, olives, chocolate from Petite Patrie Chocolate and your choice of either a bottle of white or red wine or two bottles of wine. Order your box on their website.
Want a fun and creative Valentine’s Day night out? Inverary Resort has you covered! They are hosting a Valentine’s Paint, Wine & Dine Night on Saturday, February 12th. Join them and Nancy Chiasson as she hosts and guides your creative side! To register call 902-322-0731 or email email@example.com.
Lake City Cider
Celebrate the month with cider! Can’t decide which flavour to get? You don’t need to worry about that with Lake City Cider‘s new dozen deal! This pack comes with 12 of their ciders including their Darkside Rosé, Watermelon Rosé, Raspberry Dry, Strawberry Redhead and many more!
Looking for something a little smaller? Try out their Valentine’s Day three-pack featuring Strawberry Redhead, Watermelon Rosé and Nieforth Original!
Try out these amazing case deals by ordering online.
Don’t have time to celebrate on Monday? Join Winegrunt and enjoy an early Valentine’s Day week! From February 10 till the 13, they will be serving special Italian food and drink with some romantic music and atmosphere! To reserve your spot, give them a call at 902-472-2863.
Petite Riviere Vineyards
Indulge in fine wine and chocolate tasting! On February 12 and 13, Petite Rivière Vineyards is pairing up with Lunenburg Rum Cakes to curate a special wine & chocolate pairing. They are offering two options to take home and share with your family and friends. Each option will include a tasting sheet, wines & chocolate. Pre-order now by visiting their website.
Nova Scotia Lobster Crawl
It’s lobster season here in Nova Scotia! Every February – for the entire month – South Shore Tourism throws a tasty event called the Nova Scotia Lobster Crawl festival. With over 70 events you can be sure there’s something for everyone! Be sure to check out the complete list of events and festival packages on their website and plan to join them for all the lobster-infused fun this February.
Save the date
Looking for more options for you and your Valentine?
- Five Fishermen Restaurant is taking reservations for February 12 & 14! Visit their website to book your table.
- Rebecca’s Restaurant is taking reservations for Valentine’s weekend! Come celebrate with them and your loved ones by booking your table online or call them at 902-531-3313.
- Benjamin Bridge is offering a Virtual Valentine’s Day Pack which includes the 2017 Brut Rosé, 2020 Cabernet Franc Rosé, six handmade chocolates from Rousseau Chocolatier and a link to join a 30-minute virtual wine tasting! For more details visit their website.
- Valley Flaxflour is having a sale on their all-purpose flour! Bake some Valentine’s day treats for your loved ones! Get your flour on their website.
- The Brooklyn Warehouse is still taking reservations! To make a reservation visit their website or call them at 902-446-8181.
- Maritime Express Cider is celebrating early on Sunday, February 13! They are offering a 3-course set menu plus champagne cider. To make your reservation email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grand Pré Wines is opening their newly renovated Inn from February 11-14. Book your stay in one of their six suites for a weekend in wine country by visiting their website.
- Oak Island Resort is offering a “Love Lobster” getaway package which includes a beer tasting for two with Saltbox Brewery, $50 ‘lobster bucks’, two Oak & Oar boxed breakfasts and more. To book give them a call at 1-800-565-5075 or email them email@example.com
Featured Recipe: Panna Cotta with Icewine Marinated Dried Fruit
The perfect dessert for an at-home Valentine’s date. This recipe features notes of vanilla, fruit and of course Nova Scotia icewine. One bite of this delicious dessert will have you dreaming of an afternoon on the pergola at Le Caveau Restaurant/Grand Pré Wines.
Grand Pré Vidal Icewine: Grand Pré Wines, either at the winery or their online store
Get local produce from Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.