What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia September 1 to 15?
What’s cooking in Nova Scotia?
Enter each week for your chance to win a Taste of Nova Scotia gift basket with Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative and their 50% Local Food Campaign. Don’t forget to register and take the pledge to eat more local food this month – it’s easy with farmers’ markets like Noggins Corner and Masstown – good luck!
The first day of school is just around the corner but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a bit of #ChowderWednesday love. Head down to the South Shore for a bowl at the Salt Shaker Deli or try a bowl at The Galley Restaurant and Lounge – and don’t forget to get your Chowder Trail passport stamped.
Wet your whistle this #ThirstyThursday at the Port Pub (Sea Level Brewing) or at Paddy’s Brewpub & Rosie’s Restaurant. That’s two more stamps on your Good Cheer Trail passport – you’re that much closer to your free t-shirt.
Treat yourself to a night out at Union Street Café. Enjoy musical entertainment by Ryan Cook & The Valley Singers and feast on their mouth watering Union Street Burger – yum-yum!
Boots, chaps and cowboy hats – it’s Country Music Week in Halifax. Check out some of the fan events and eat at one of our many member restaurants, like Brooklyn Warehouse, Field Guide or Stillwell.
A culinary experience like no other, The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery is proud to bring you another Dining on the Ocean Floor. Enjoy locally-sourced food and beverages, a guided shore tour, sunset gazing, and a bonfire atop the cliffs.
On-going events to watch for:
- May – November: Join Uncork Nova Scotia for a wine experience you won’t forget. Book one of their tours before the season ends.
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – September: The team at Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub want to teach you all about lobster. Learn the tricks of the trade from local fishers atop a real lobster fishing boat every Tuesday from June 30 to September 15.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 organic Rosé.
- July – September: Get ready for an amazing experience with Delta Hotels and Murphy’s on the Water. “A Taste of Nova Scotia”is a culinary adventure package you won’t want to miss so book your spot now.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tourson select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn.
- July – October: Hop on the bus for a tour to remember with the Wolfville Magic Winery Bus. Book your adventure today.
Save the Date:
- September 17, 2015: The Coast is proud to bring you another summer of food truck fare with their Food Truck Party. Admission is $2.
- September 19, 2015: Planters Ridge Winery presents Oyster Fest. Come out and enjoy fresh oysters, wine and cider. The event is from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and tickets are only $35+tax.
- September 19, 2015: Celebrate the bounty of the beautiful Valley at Luckett Vineyards Bluegrass BBQ & Corn Boil. A night of eating, drinking and dancing.
- September 19, 2015: Eat, drink and enjoy all things garlic at the Avondale Garlic Festival held at the beautiful Avondale Sky Winery.
- September 19-27, 2015: Get ready for Sausage Fest – with sausage themed events and dinners happening all week long. For more information and a list of events, visit them here.
- September 19-27, 2015: It’s Organic Week all across Canada. Head to L’Acadie Vineyards (Sep. 20-23) to help celebrate the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across the country.
- September 23-26, 2015: Tickets for the NSLC Port of Wines Festival are on sale now – Don’t miss out on this great event.
- September 24, 2015: The NSCC “Fresh Twenty One” Harvest Dinner happens this evening – A delicious seasonal dinner you won’t want to miss, so book your spot now.
- October 3, 2015: All you can eat oysters plus local craft beer and wine at the Halifax Oyster Fest on the waterfront.
- October 4, 2015: Celebrate with Avondale Sky Wineryat their fourth anniversary. They’ll be roasting a pig and sampling wine, with proceeds going to the Building Fund of the Avondale United Church.
- October 16-18, 2015: Get Spirited Away in Lunenburg with Nova Scotia’s first ever Craft Spirits Festival.
- October 23-24, 2015: Ready to re-jig? Join in the fun at this year’s Re-Jigged Festival– It’s going to be bigger, better and best of all…. it’s happening in downtown Dartmouth.
- October 29, 2015:Delta Hotels presents – Raise a Little Hellp. Not your average fundraiser with award winning musicians, regional food and drink, and a lively silent auction!
- November 4-8, 2015: This November join Devour! The Food Film Fest for five days of film, food and wine. DevourFest. Eat it up!