Recipe Round Up: A Local Thanksgiving Feast
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate the harvest and remember everything we’re grateful for. At Taste of Nova Scotia, we’re grateful for fresh and delicious ingredients available locally within our province. Follow along for our round up featuring some of Nova Scotia’s finest harvest ingredients for your Thanksgiving dinner.
1. Roasted Squash Bruschetta
This recipe for Roasted Squash Bruschetta brings the classic bruschetta recipe to the next level. The sweet squash and reduction with fresh herbs combines for a perfect balance of flavours. Pair with a wine that has citrus aroma like Planters Ridge Elevation.
2. Mulled Apple Cider
There’s nothing like a warm glass of Mulled Apple Cider after a cool autumn day. This delicious seasonal drink is alcohol free for all ages to enjoy!
3. Maple Roasted Root Vegetables
These slow-cooked veggies soaked in maple syrup make for the perfect fall dish. Whether you are adding these Maple Roasted Root Vegetables to your thanksgiving dinner or serving them for supper, they are a must-have this fall season.
From: Chef Ardon Mofford, Governors Pub and Eatery
4. Scalloped Potato Bake
This cheesy, creamy Scalloped Potato Bake is the perfect addition to a turkey, ham or chicken meal. The cheddar and leeks go together like peanut butter and jelly!
5. Pumpkin Pie
You can’t have a thanksgiving dinner without a slice of pie! This classic pumpkin pie recipe is made with a rich all butter crust, and home roasted and pureed local pumpkins. Pair with a cup of tea to successfully finish off your feast.
Looking for a Thanksgiving feast without any dirty dishes? Below are some local Thanksgiving dinners that have you covered. Enjoy a delicious, stress-free meal made with the best local ingredients of the season.
- Seasons by Atlantica (Oct. 13-14)
- Scanway Catering
- Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre (Oct. 12-14)
- Rhubarb Restaurant (October 13)
- White Point Beach Resort Dinner Buffet (October 13)
- Argyler Lodge & Restaurant Brunch (October 13)
- Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant & Brew Pub Harvest Buffet (October 13)
- Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa Brunch (October 13)
- Founders House Dining (Oct. 11 -12)
- Tatamagouche Railway Dining Car (Oct. 12-14)