Chicken, Pepper & Pear Crostini Paired with Gaspereau Riesling
An easy yet sophisticated appetizer, these Chicken, Pepper and Pear Crostini are the perfect shareable dish. The addition of fresh pear adds a unique contrast that will satisfy all taste buds. Try whipping these up for your next dinner party and serving with a glass of Gaspereau Vineyards Riesling, your guests will not be disappointed!
|2||Fresh baguettes, sliced diagonally into 12 pieces, about 1/2” thick|
|2||Boneless free range, skinless local chicken breasts|
|1||Red pepper, cored and thinly sliced|
|3 tsp||Olive oil|
|2||Fresh pears, peeled and cored|
|3 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|3 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|4 oz||Goat cheese, crumbled|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sliced baguette on baking sheet lined with parchment. Gently brush with olive oil.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside when finished.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, add sesame oil, cayenne, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in mixture to coat thoroughly. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment.
- On baking pan lined with parchment, place sliced red pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
- Place chicken in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- While chicken and peppers are cooking, slice pears lengthwise in thin pieces. Set in a small non-metallic bowl with lemon juice and 1 cup cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove pears from lemon water and place on a clean, dry towel to remove excess water.
- Check temperature of chicken with meat thermometer to ensure temperature of 180F. When cooked, remove chicken and peppers from oven.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and slice in 1/4″ slices lengthwise.
- Place 1 – 2 slices of chicken on each piece of baguette. Top with slices of pear, sliced roast pepper and crumbled goat cheese.
- When complete, place in oven for 4 minutes or until cheese has softened.
- To serve, plate as 2 per person with chopped parsley garnish or set on platter.
Wine Pairing: The Gaspereau Vineyards Riesling is a perfect complement with this mildly spiced appetizer.
Local Source Guide:
Produce: Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
Recipe provided by: Gaspereau Vineyards & Vine Side Patio.
Photography provided by: Jessica Emin, @eatwithjessie.
This recipe is featured in our 2021 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.