Cranberry Feta Stuffed Pork Loin
Fresh pork tenderloin, cranberries and feta – what more could you ask for? This mouth-watering stuffed pork loin will be sure to impress any guests you have!
|½ cup (125 ml)||Terra Beata cranberries, fresh, frozen, or dried|
|1 Tbsp (15 ml)||sugar|
|21 oz (600 g)||pork tenderloin (from Meadowbrook or The Pork Shop)|
|½ cup (125 ml)||Fox Hill Cheese House feta|
|¼ cup (60 ml)||chopped green onion|
|1||garlic clove, chopped fine|
|¼ tsp (1 ml)||Farmer John’s summer savory|
|Add:||summer savory, garlic powder and salt to season the roast|
- If using fresh or frozen cranberries, cut them in half into a small bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, stir and set aside for about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F (230°C).
- Place the roast in an open pan and make a lengthwise slit on the side, so it will open like a book.
- In a bowl, mix feta, onion, garlic and savoury. Add cranberries, discarding any juice in the bottom of the bowl.
- Stuff tenderloin with cheese mixture, and close it with string in several places. It will try to open during cooking.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with more savoury, garlic powder and then salt.
- Sear for 15 minutes at 500 °F (230°C)., then reduce temperature to 275 °F (135°C) for half an hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 °F (71°C)
- Let stand 5 minutes, remove string, slice and serve.
Recipe provided by: Evelyn Ernst co-owner of Terra Beata Cranberry Farm
This recipe is feature in East Coast Living Magazine
Photo by Dennis Evans evansphoto.ca