This one-pan wonder is great at a brunch, luncheon party or part of a buffet. Equally delicious hot or at room temperature.
|12||extra large eggs, beaten|
|1 cup (200 g)||Asiago cheese, grated|
|2 Tbsp (30 ml)||butter|
|1 cup (200 ml)||heavy cream|
|1||roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|6||green onions, chopped|
|1lb (500g)||cooked lobster meat, chopped|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|Tabasco, to taste|
|paprika, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). In a large bowl, whisk eggs and then stir in cheese. Reserve.
- In a large (12-inch) non-stick pan, sweat the chopped shallot for 3–4 minutes in the butter. Add the cream and reduce for one minute.
- Add the red pepper, green onions, lobster, and seasonings. Stir to heat the lobster through.
- Cool briefly, then stir into the egg mixture. Clean the non-stick pan, then heat over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Do not stir! Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until set. (Make sure the handle is oven proof, or wrapped in foil.)
- Let cool 5 minutes before portioning.
*Pick up farm-fresh seasonal produce from Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
**Get your seafood locally from Evan’s Seafoods & Restaurant, Fisherman’s Market International, Clearwater Seafoods Ltd. Victoria Co-op Fisheries, NovaCan Live Seafood, or Gidney Fisheries Ltd.
Recipe provided by: Chef Michael Howell, From his cookbook Atlantic Seafood
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.