What’s Cooking? December 16 – 22
The holidays are just around the corner! We hope you’re staying warm and cozy during these cold winter days. Whether you’re visiting family, on vacation, or just enjoying a few days at home, our members have just the happenings to keep you stress-free this holiday season. Read on to see What’s Cooking this week.
December 19 & 27: Cheese Nights
There’s only two more dates left for the annual cheese nights at Le Caveau Restaurant at Grand Pré Winery. On Thursday, December 19th and Thursday, December 27th, they will have raclette and fondue along with their delicious menu. This will be happening from 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Call 902-542-7177 to book a reservation.
December 20: Chowder Fridays at the Saltbox
Stop by Saltbox Brewing Company on Friday evenings from 4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. during these cold winter months to have a bowl of chowder and listen to some live music by local musicians. Chowder will be brought to you by Rebecca’s Restaurant’s fabulous chef, Misty! Start time subject to change based on weather, so be sure to check into their event page for updates.
December 22: Christmas Lunch Buffet
Join The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery Ltd. for their holiday lunch buffet from 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. There is something for everyone on this mouth-watering menu. Reservations are required for this event. Cost is $35. For youth ages 6-10 cost is $12, and free for kids under 5 years. Call to book 902-633-2300. See their Facebook page for a full menu.
Until December 23: Customer Appreciation at Jost Vineyards
Whether you are looking for Christmas gift ideas or preparing for Holiday get- together’s, Jost Vineyards has got you covered! They are offering store-wide sales to show their customers how much they are appreciated. Stop by their location in Malagash to explore their many unique wines. See their Facebook page for a full list of sale items.
New Years Eve Member Events
Are you looking for a great way to celebrate the new year? Below are some ideas to help you out!
- Canadian Tuxedo Night at Stubborn Goat Gastropub
- NYE with Durty Nelly’s An Authentic Irish Pub: live music from 7:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Chives Canadian Bistro and 2 Doors Down NYE Prix Fixe Menu
- Le Caveau Restaurant at Grand Pré Winery dinner with live music
- The Canteen New Year’s Eve prix-fixe menu. Seatings between 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Baddeck at the Inverary Resort on Baddeck Bay.
- Dinner at the Salt Shaker Deli. Three-course meal for 50$/ each.
- NYE Bash at Boxing Rock Brewing Company – $20 cover for a DJ, noisemaker, and a sample to toast at midnight.
- The Saltbox Pre-Party – Pre-Party Bash at Saltbox Brewing Company. Open until 9 to start your night!
- New Years Eve on Lobster Bay – an evening of culinary delight and easy listening entertainment at the Argyler Lodge
- New Years Eve Dinner at Lightfoot and Wolfville – $125/person for 4-course meal and limited release L&W wines
- New Years Eve Dinner at Le Caveau Restaurant
- NYE Dinner at Founders House Dining. 3 or 5-course menu by Chef Chris Pyne
Christmas Buffet (December 25th): Join Harbour City Bar & Grill, Hotel Halifax for their Christmas day lunch buffet! Their chefs are preparing local festive fare for your entire family. The buffet runs from 12:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. and cost is $60 plus tax for adults, half price for children ages 7-12 and free for children under 6 years-old.
Boxing Day Blowout at Stubborn Goat (December 26th): The Stubborn Goat Gastropub will be having sale on craft beer while their quantities last! Join them for a delicious meal paired with a delicious beer.
Cooking with Kitchen Door (December 27): Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! Join Kitchen Door for this family class and share the fun of making your own corn tortillas with tex-mex chicken, ground beef, and fresh salsa!
Good Luck Brunch (January 5th): Celebrate the New Year with a delicious bang at The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery Ltd. Their food traditions from all around the world. The buffet will run from 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. and cost is $37 plus tax for adults, $15 for youth ages 6-10, and free for children 5 and under.
Cooking with The Flying Apron (January): Join The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery Ltd. for their January cooking classes! Learn about sustainable seafood, pasta-making, sourdough bread-making, quick & simple suppers are more! See their Facebook page for more details about these events.