What’s Cooking: February 3 -10
A new month calls for new and exciting things in Nova Scotia! From new menus to Valentine’s Day ideas, read this week’s What’s Cooking to get your local culinary fix!
February is African Heritage Month, and to honour this, Delectable Desserts will be donating all profits from the sales of their Up Home layer cakes to local initiatives working to enhance Black Future in the community. Order yours today on their website.
Grand Pré Wines
Valentine’s Day is creeping up fast! If you haven’t made plans yet, Grand Pré Wines has you covered. They are opening their newly renovated Inn from February 11-14. Book your stay in one of their six suites for a weekend in wine country by visiting their website.
Petite Rivière Vineyards
Indulge in fine wine and chocolate tasting! On February 12 and 13, Petite Rivière Vinyards is pairing up with Lunenburg Rum Cakes to curate a special wine & chocolate pairing. They are offering two options to take home and share with your family and friends. Each option will include a tasting sheet, wines & chocolate. Pre-order now by visiting their website.
Maritime Express Cider Co.
Can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day on Monday? Maritime Express Cider is celebrating early on Sunday, February 13! They are offering a 3-course set menu plus champagne cider. To make your reservation email them at email@example.com.
Oak Island Resort
Step up your Valentine’s Day plans and book a romantic getaway at Oak Island Resort! They are offering a “Love Lobster” getaway package which includes a beer tasting for two with Saltbox Brewery, $50 ‘lobster bucks’, two Oak & Oar boxed breakfasts and more. To book give them a call at 1-800-565-5075 or email them firstname.lastname@example.org
Annapolis Cider Company
Calling all cider lovers! Annapolis Cider Company just released a new twist to a Moscow Mule – Cranberry Mule! This new drink has its signature cool fermented cider featuring fresh-pressed local cranberries, a dash of ginger juice and a squeeze of lime. To get your hands on this awesome new drink visit the cidery or order online!
Nova Scotia Lobster Crawl
It’s lobster season here in Nova Scotia! Every February – for the entire month – South Shore Tourism throws a tasty event called the Nova Scotia Lobster Crawl festival. With over 70 events you can be sure there’s something for everyone! Be sure to check out the complete list of events and festival packages on their website and plan to join them for all the lobster-infused fun this February.
Save the date
Here are some more Valentine’s Day specials our members are having!
- Five Fishermen Restaurant is taking reservations for February 12 & 14! Visit their website to book your table.
- Rebecca’s Restaurant is taking reservations for Valentine’s Day Weekend! Come celebrate with them and your loved ones by booking your table online or call them at 902-531-3313.
- Benjamin Bridge is offering a Virtual Valentine’s Day Pack which includes the 2017 Brut Rosé, 2020 Cabernet Franc Rosé, six handmade chocolates from Rousseau Chocolatier and a link to join a 30-minute virtual wine tasting! For more details visit their website.
- Valley Flaxflour is having a sale on their all-purpose flour! Bake some Valentine’s day treats for your loved ones! Get your flour on their website.
- The Brooklyn Warehouse is still taking reservations! To make a reservation visit their website or call them at 902-446-8181.
Check back next week for more Valentine’s Day updates!
Featured Recipe: Bulwark Cider Pork Loin
If you’re in the mood for a tender, juicy and delicious meal—then this Bulwark Cider Pork Loin recipe is for you. This recipe uses Bulwark cider and apple cider vinegar to marinate the roast until perfection. Apples, local honey and cranberries are used to create the tasty chutney.
Bulwark Original Cider: Purchase Bulwark Cider at their cidery in New Ross, the Cider House in Halifax, by ordering online, or by visiting the NSLC, WestSide Beer Wine Spirits, Harvest Wines & Spirits or Liquid Assets.
Get local honey from Cornect Family Farm.