What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia August 18 to September 1?
Catch a flick while you enjoy a picnic, or swing under the stars with a glass of wine. From a grand opening party to visiting the Valley vineyards on two wheels, here’s what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week:
Head to the Valley for a wine afternoon escape this Wednesday, with Grape Escapes Nova Scotia. Start with a bowl of chowder from Paddy’s Brewpub & Rosie’s Restaurant for a delightful culinary treat. (#ChowderWednesday)
The Coast Food Truck Party is happening again – this time across the harbour in Dartmouth – and everyone is invited. There will be a long list of awesome local food trucks on hand as well as Taste of Nova Scotia members Kitchen Door Catering and Morris East for yummy eats. Garrison Brewing Company will also be at the party serving up some #ThirstyThursday suds.
Food and wine will make for an unforgettable experience at the Avondale Sky Winery D’Vine Morsels Restaurant Grand Opening Party.
Visit the Valley vineyards on two wheels in support of Feed Nova Scotia. The Nova Scotia Wine Country Ride will take you on a 60 km ride, with stops at local wineries, for a fun and active taste through the Annapolis Valley.
Get out of bed sleepy head and take a drive down the Northumberland Shore for all day breakfast at Snow Queen Restaurant. Their buttermilk pancakes with blueberries are a delicious way to celebrate the Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival.
Taco Tuesday anyone? Ye Old Argyler says Yes! Come out and enjoy all-you-can-eat tacos for only $10 – Yum!
Get ready for “A Taste of Nova Scotia.” This amazing culinary experience offered by Delta Hotels and Murphy’s on the Water is an adventure you won’t want to miss, so book your spot now.
Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards this Saturday for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 organic rosé.
Take in a movie and enjoy a delicious meal in picturesque Mahone Bay. The Biscuit Eater Café invites you to join them for dinner and a movie – Saturday’s feature is Spanish film “Volver.”
Take in the beautiful panoramic view of Cape Breton at Cabot Links, and enjoy a delicious bowl of seafood chowder for another stamp on your Chowder Trail Passport.
On-going events to watch for:
- May – November: Join Uncork Nova Scotia for a wine experience you won’t forget. Book one of their tours before the season ends.
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – September: The team at Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub want to teach you all about lobster. Learn the tricks of the trade from local fishers atop a real lobster fishing boat every Tuesday from June 30 to September 15.
- July – August: Enjoy live music, martinis, mojitos, and tapas on the outdoor patio at Domaine de Grand Pré every Thursday from July 2 to August 27.
- July – August: Set sail each Wednesday this summer with Luckett Vineyards and Tall Ship Silva for their Wines on the Water Wednesdays. Feast on a five-food and local wine pairing while you enjoy a two hour tour of the Halifax harbour.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tours on select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn.
- July – October: Hop on the bus for a tour to remember with the Wolfville Magic Winery Bus. Book your adventure today.
- August:All you can eat $1.99 oysters at McKelvie’s Oyster Friday’s. While you’re there try their Sinful Caesar topped with an oyster for a sumptuous treat.
Save the Date:
- September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery – Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only one more date available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
- September 17, 2015: The Coast is proud to bring you another summer of food truck fare with their Food Truck Party. Admission is $2.
- Sptember 19, 2015: Planters Ridge Winery presents Oyster Fest. Come out and enjoy fresh oysters, wine and cider. The event is from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and tickets are only $35+tax.
- September 19, 2015: Celebrate the bounty of the beautiful Valley at Luckett Vineyards Bluegrass BBQ & Corn Boil. A night of eating, drinking and dancing.
- September 19, 2015: Eat, drink and enjoy all things garlic at the Avondale Garlic Festival held at the beautiful Avondale Sky Winery.
- September 19-27, 2015: Get ready for Sausage Fest – with sausage themed events and dinners happening all week long. For more information and a list of events, visit them here.
- September 19-27, 2015: It’s Organic Week all across Canada. Head to L’Acadie Vineyards (Sep. 20-23) to help celebrate the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across the country.
- September 23-26, 2015: Tickets for the NSLC Port of Wines Festival are on sale now – Don’t miss out on this great event.
- September 24, 2015: The NSCC “Fresh Twenty One” Harvest Dinner happens this evening – A delicious seasonal dinner you won’t want to miss, so book your spot now.
- October 3, 2015: All you can eat oysters plus local craft beer and wine at the Halifax Oyster Fest on the waterfront.
- October 4, 2015: Celebrate with Avondale Sky Winery at their fourth anniversary. They’ll be roasting a pig and sampling wine, with proceeds going to the Building Fund of the Avondale United Church.
- October 16-18, 2015: Get Spirited Away in Lunenburg with Nova Scotia’s first ever Craft Spirits Festival.
- October 23-24, 2015: Ready to re-jig? Join in the fun at this year’s Re-Jigged Festival – It’s going to be bigger, better and best of all…. it’s happening in downtown Dartmouth.
- November 4-8, 2015: This November join Devour! The Food Film Fest for five days of film, food and wine. DevourFest. Eat it up!