What’s Cooking: May 27-June 3
From new menus to tastings, this week is full of excitement. Keep reading to find out What’s Cooking this week in Nova Scotia.
East Coast Cider Festival
The 2022 East Coast Cider Festival will feature 21 cidermakers from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Ticket holders will receive 12 cider sample tickets, a take-home glass and a redeemable food token. Get your tickets here.
The Canteen on Portland
The Canteen on Portland is adding delicious new items to their menu. With the new menu items that reflect the best of the seasons produce, you won’t want to miss out.
This Saturday, stop by Jost Vineyards for their Tidal Bay Release Bash with Rankin MacInnis, wine tastings, door prizes and more from 1 -5 p.m. Doors open at noon. Tickets are $25. To purchase: call 902-257-2636 ext 1018, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up at Jost Vineyards’ Winery Boutique.
Space is limited, so order your tickets soon to avoid missing out on all the fun! This event is 19+ and Seagrape Café will be offering our popular Festival menu.
Garrison Brewing Co. will be hosting an Open City event May 28 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Bring your four-legged friends along for samples of brew biscuits and Canine Pale Ale, as well as a full menu that includes BarkChuterie Boards and Doughmutts. There will be drink and merch deals all day and guests can enter to win the ultimate prize pack.
Additional Taste member businesses participating in Open City include Boxing Rock Brewing Company, Chain Yard Urban Cidery, Compass Distillers and Propeller Brewing Company.
Founders House & Hop Scotch Dinner Club
Chef Chris Pyne from Founders House Dining & Drinks and Chef Stephanie Ogilvie from Hop Scotch Dinner Club are teaming up to bring you an exciting collaboration dinner. The six-course dinner will be served at Founders House on May 29 at 6:30 p.m. To find out more information and how to grab your reservation visit foundershousedining.com.
Tidal Bay Launch Events
Next week, the most expansive Tidal Bay launch yet will be coordinated by the Wine Growers Association of Nova Scotia. The launch will feature activities throughout the province and the Annapolis Valley. From events at wineries, to restaurant and tour operator experiences, and a Taste of Nova Scotia partnered event with sommelier and Nova Scotia wine aficionado Amy Savoury, there are so many exciting was to celebrate Tidal Bay this year.
Additional Taste member Tidal Bay events include:
- Benjamin Bridge will have a Tidal Bay vertical flight from Jun 2-5, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Blomidon Estate Winery will be hosting Tidal Bay tastings and Q&As with winemaker Simon Rafuse on June 2 and 3.
- Lightfoot & Wolfville will be hosting their Tidal Bay launch June 3 with seatings from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. by reservation.
- Taste Tidal Bay with Amy Savoury will take place June 2-5 with various session times at Waterfront Park in Wolfville.
- Grand Banker Bar & Grill will be hosting Tidal Bay Paired by the Sea on June 3. This will include five wines and five courses.
- Wines on the Water Tidal Bay Tour will take place aboard the Tall Ship Silva on June 3 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will include a four course wine and food pairing.
- Tidal Bay Day at Avondale Sky Winery will be June 4 at 2 p.m. and include Tidal Bay tasting and vertical flights.
- The Perfect Pairing at Grand Pré Wines is June 3 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. There will be Tidal Bay, seafood and tunes.
- Planters Ridge will host their 2021 Tidal Bay launch on June 4 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- L’Acadie Vineyards will be hosting Tidal Bay Vertical, Organic and Vegan June 2-4 from 10:30 a.m. t0 5 p.m. and June 5 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Book your tasting appointments here.
- L’Acadie Vineyards will also be hosting a Tidal Bay and Vegan Pairing event June 4 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Get your tickets here.
Featured Recipe: Vegan Carbonara
This Vegan Carbonara recipe from L’Acadie Vineyards is full of flavour and extremely delicious. It uses tofu, raw cashews and mushrooms to transform it into an amazing vegan dish. To complement this rich dish, pair it with L’Acadie Vineyards Joie de Vivre.
Fresh produce can be purchased at Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia
L’Acadie Vineyards Joie de Vivre can be purchased at L’Acadie Vineyards, Bishops Cellar, Harvest Wines, Liquid Assets or the NSLC.