Atlantic Sea Scallop BLT
When it comes to sandwiches, BLTs are a tried and true favourite for many people. Looking for a way to jazz it up? We have the (delicious) answer for you – bacon wrapped scallops! This recipe takes a timeless sandwich to the next level by using Comeau Sea Foods Ltd. bacon wrapped scallops, marinated tomatoes and garlic aioli. The result? Your lunchtime staple, with a Nova Scotian flair.
|12||Comeau Sea Foods Ltd. Bacon Wrapped Scallops|
|4||Hot dog buns|
|4||Large leafs of lettuce|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|3||Medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced|
|1 tbsp||Red onion, minced|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|to taste||Ground pepper|
|to taste||Fine sea salt|
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place scallops on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet pan, with even spacing between scallops.
- Bake scallops on middle rack for 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, parsley, and lemon juice. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast buns in the oven.
- To assemble, place one large leaf of bib lettuce on each bun, then add a heaping spoonful of marinated tomato. Drizzle with aioli and top with 3 scallops. Serve immediately.
- Combine mayo, minced garlic, Dijon mustard and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
Local Source Guide:
Comeau Sea Foods Ltd. Bacon Wrapped Scallops: Available at Sobeys, Superstore, independant retailers, through Comeau Sea Foods’ online shop and at their retail store/stockroom.
Recipe provided by: Comeau Sea Foods Ltd.
This recipe was featured in our 2019 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.