Atlantic Sea Scallop BLT
Comeau’s Seafood has just raised the bar very high in the BLT game by adding scallops to the mix. It’s the perfect combination of salty delight from the bacon mixed with the savoury taste of the ocean from the scallops, all topped off with a splash of sweet from the marinated tomatoes. Impress your dinner friends with this fun new take on an old classic with this recipe from our 2019 Culinary Guide.
|12||Comeau Bacon Wrapped Scallops|
|4||local hotdog buns|
|4||large leafs of bib lettuce|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp||lemon juice|
|3||medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced|
|1 tbsp||red onion, minced|
|1 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp||lemon juice|
|to taste||ground pepper|
|to taste||fine sea salt|
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place scallops on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet pan, with even spacing between scallops.
- Bake scallops on middle rack for 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, parsley, and lemon juice. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast buns in the oven.
- To assemble, place one large leaf of bib lettuce on each bun, then add a heaping spoonful of marinated tomato. Drizzle with aioli and top with 3 scallops. Serve immediately.
- Combine mayo, minced garlic, Dijon mustard and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
Local Source Guide: