Spicy Garlic Shrimp Dip with Mercator Compass Rosé
Fresh from the sea to your plate, this Spicy Garlic Shrimp Dip recipe from Mercator Vineyards highlights Nova Scotia shrimp. Great for an appetizer or a side dish, this spicy dip is ideal for the summer.
|1/2 lb||Local shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and chilled|
|8 oz||Cream cheese, softened|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||Red onion, minced|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 dashes||Local hot sauce|
|1/4 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp||Freshly cracked pepper|
|1/4 tsp||Kosher salt|
|2 tsp||Chives, finely chopped|
- Drain shrimp and allow to dry on paper towel.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic, red onion, salt and pepper until thoroughly integrated.
- Add shrimp, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce, and cayenne and blend in the food processor for 1 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp have been shredded to combine with cheese mixture. Note: Spiciness can be adjusted to suit your palate.
- Place mixture in a non-metallic bowl and fold in chopped chives. Reserve some for garnish.
- For chilled version: Tightly wrap the desired serving bowl with cellophane. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Remove 20 minutes before serving. Note: Will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
- For hot version: Pre-heat oven to 375F. Place mixture in large ramequin (12 oz.) or bake safe serving dish. Set on the upper rack of the oven for 15 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble. Safely remove from oven and place on a wooden breadboard.
To serve: Prepare with your favourite local bread, crackers or pita.
Wine Pairing: Pair with a bottle of Mercator Compass Rosé.
Local Source Guide:
Mercator Compass Rosé: Purchase Mercator’s Compass Rosé by visiting the winery, shopping online, or look for their products at the NSLC, WestSide Beer Wine Spirits, Harvest Wines & Spirits or Liquid Assets.
Hot Sauce: Mad Gringo Hot Sauce.
This recipe is featured in our 2021 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.