Wild North Atlantic Shrimp Flatbread
If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate seafood into your dishes, try this Wild North Atlantic Shrimp Flatbread. With a medley of fresh flavours emphasizing the delicious taste of local shrimp, you will most definitely be reaching for seconds! This dish is easy to throw together and it’s the perfect sharing plate for your next dinner party.
Serves 10 – 12
|140 g||Comeau Seafood & Shrimp Spread|
|4 x 7”||Flatbread|
|1/8 cup||Garlic oil|
|2 oz||Cream cheese, softened|
|2 tbsp||Chives, finely chopped|
|1/3 cup||Mozzarella, shredded|
|1/4 cup||Smoked Gouda, shredded|
|1/4 cup||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|120 g||North Atlantic Coldwater Shrimp|
|2 tbsp||Basil, thinly sliced, for garnish|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped, for garnish|
|1||Lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 425F with rack placed in the middle position. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place Comeau Seafood & Shrimp Spread, cream cheese and chives in a mixing bowl and combine, using a rubber spatula, until cream cheese is incorporated into spread.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheets and brush with garlic oil. Bake for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove flatbreads from oven. Evenly distribute cream cheese and shrimp spread mix, smoked Gouda, mozzarella, onion, and shrimp across the 4 flatbreads.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble. If a crispier finish is desired, switch the oven to broiler and cook for an additional 2 minutes, watching carefully to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and allow flatbreads to set for 2 minutes before cutting. Cut each flatbread into 8 pieces.
- Garnish with basil and parsley. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on side.
Local Source Guide:
Comeau Seafood & Shrimp Spread: Purchase Comeau Sea Foods Seafood & Shrimp Spread online or at Sobeys, Superstore, and independent retailers across the province.
This recipe is featured in our 2021 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.