What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia June 2 to June 16?
June is going to be a great month – from food truck cuisine and creative cookery, to feasting on chef-inspired tapas, here’s what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week:
This Friday treat yourself to the creative cookery at Rhubarb Restaurant. Feast on their decadent rhubarb crisp while you enjoy live music by Shirley Jackson.
Come one, come all to Bonny Lea Farms fabulous breakfast and beautiful plant sale. There will be musical entertainment, a bake table, door prizes, a raffle and of course a delicious breakfast.
Be sure to hit the Eastern Shore Coldwaters Seafood Festival this weekend for some of the best seafood in the province. Like oysters on the half shell with specialty sauces from Sober Island Oysters or steamed mussels from AquaPrime Mussel Ranch.
Head over to the Flying Apron Inn & Cookery Thursday, June 11, for their Spanish tapas demo class. Watch as Chef Chris Velden demonstrates how to make Nova Scotia mussels, bruschetta and ceviche. When he’s done, feast on a dinner of tapas.
Come by the Blomidon Estate Winery for their summer kick-off event. Sit back and enjoy a glass of their new vintage of Seyval Blanc while sampling Fox Hill Cheese House cheese on their new patio.
Show dad how much you love him with an early Father’s Day gift. Send him over to Kiju’s Restaurant at the Membertou Trade & Convention Centre for a BBQ cooking class. His stomach will thank you.
Month-long events to watch for:
- June – October
Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1-5 for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 certified organic Rosé.
Save the Date:
- June 12 – September 25, 2015: June 12th starts up the Friday Night Cruise In at Masstown Market. Registration is from 6pm-7pm with a door prize draw at 7:45pm.
- June 13, 2015: Garrison Brewing Co. presents the Backlot Bash. Taking place behind the expanded Garrison Brewery. The festivities kick off at 5pm. Get your tickets now ($30) or at the door ($35).
- June 14, 2015: Brigadoon’s Wine & Dash. A 10 mile walk or run through Nova Scotia’s Gaspereau Valley. Register for your spot today.
- June 20, 2015: The Avondale Art Fair at Avondale Sky Winery – The fun begins at 10am and runs until 5pm, come out and enjoy art, music and food.
- June 20, 2015: Sugar Moon Farm – Italian Chef Night with Craig Flinn. Five courses, wine pairing and live music. Book your spot now.
- June 27, July 25, August 15, and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery. Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only four dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.