What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia June 9 to 23?
Bell Buoy Restaurant & Supper House is opening its doors for their 35th season. Take a trip this weekend and treat yourself to a seafood dinner on the waterfront.
Stew it, spread it or bake it in a pie. This Saturday satisfy your rhubarb cravings at the Rose & Kettle Tearoom’s Rhubarb Rhapsody.
Get ready for an epic party experience. Kick-off the summer season with Garrison Brewing Company’s Backlot Bash and enjoy a live open-air concert after touring their new expanded brewery.
Run or walk and don’t forget your wine glass. It’s Brigadoon’s Wine & Dash, a ten-mile route through Nova Scotia’s beautiful Gaspereau Valley. Delight in the tastes of the region, from Tidal Bay at Luckett Vineyards to Rosé at L’Acadie, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the experience.
Celebrate art, food, music and wine at the Avondale Art Fair Saturday, June 20. Take a walk around the vineyard grounds while viewing beautiful creations and feasting on unique treats.
Sip the afternoon away at Jost Vineyards New Wine Release Party. Relax on the sunny patio with a glass of their 2014 Selkie while listening to great live music.
Treat family and friends to an Italian spring-inspired dinner at Sugar Moon Farm. Chef Craig Flinn from Chives Canadian Bistro will showcase his culinary talents on Saturday, June 20 cooking up a delicious five-course meal for all to enjoy.
On-going events to watch for:
- June: Every Wednesday in June enjoy live music at The Grand Banker Bar & Grill. Listen to some tunes and feast on a true taste of Nova Scotia with their Po Boy Fish Sandwich – we promise you won’t be sorry.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1-5 for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 certified organic Rosé.
- All summer long: Pizza, sandwiches and more – Experience it all at Scanway Bakery & Café with their summer rooftop-patio menu.
Save the Date:
- June 27, 2015: Planters Ridge Winery Anniversary Dinner – The event starts at 6pm, tickets are $65+HST per person which includes dinner and wine.
- June 27, 2015: Party Boots is back for the Summer Celebration on the Hill at Luckett Vineyard. Tickets include admission, dinner and one glass of LV wine or Sea Level beer – get yours before they’re gone.
- June 27, July 25, August 15, and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery. Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only four dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.