What’s Cooking: July 15 – 22
From new products to sweet deals, this week is sure to have something for everyone! Find out more in this week’s What’s Cooking.
Planters Ridge Winery
Planters Ridge Winery is releasing Nova Scotia’s first and only Viognier! Loved for its perfumed aromas and texture, Viognier is a full-bodied white wine that originated in southern France. Their 2021 vintage has beautiful, concentrated aromas of orange blossom and ripe peaches. Order yours here.
Afishionado Fishmongers has a new refer a friend code! When making a purchase through their website, you can enter 1-3 of your friends emails. Once you add the emails, you and your friends get 20 per cent off your subscription box!
Avondale Sky Winery
Avondale Sky Winery is looking for local vendors for their open-air markets. These open-air markets will be every weekend starting July 16 until the end of September. If you’re a local maker or producer, they want to hear from you! Markets will be free for all vendors and patrons. Sign up here.
Annapolis Cider Company
Annapolis Cider Company Crisp & Dry is now available in cans! Find them at their Wolfville cidery and coming soon to NSLC locations throughout Nova Scotia.
Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa
Good Cheer Trail
The Good Cheer Trail is back for 2022! Collect stamps on the Good Cheer Trail website, through the Taste of Nova Scotia app or with the printed passports that are now available at all Good Cheer Trail locations! What will you tap into?
2022 WineAlign National Wine Awards of Canada
Congratulations to the following Taste of Nova Scotia members who won awards in the Sparkling category of the 2022 WineAlign National Wine Awards of Canada:
- Avondale Sky 2013 Blanc de Noir Extra Brut – Avondale Sky Winery
- Blomidon 2011 Blanc de Blancs – Blomidon Estate Winery
- L’Acadie 2020 Joie de Vivre L’Acadie Vineyards Charmat Method – L’Acadie Vineyards
- Lightfoot & Wolfville 2015 Blanc de Noirs – Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards
- L’Acadie 2019 Vintage Cuvee Organic – L’Acadie Vineyards
- Lightfoot & Wolfville 2019 Brut Rosé – Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards
- Blomidon N/V Crémant Extra Dry – Blomidon Estate Winery
- Lightfoot & Wolfville 2016 Brut – Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards
Featured Recipe: Lobster Dip
This lobster dip recipe is perfect for dipping chips or veggies. Made with freshly cooked Nova Scotia lobster meat, this dip was made for warm evenings on your patio.
Nova Scotia lobster can be purchased at Evan’s Seafood & Restaurant, Afishionado Fishmongers, Clearwater Seafoods Ltd., Masstown Market’s ‘Catch of the Day’, Dory Mates Seafood Shop, or Fisherman’s Market, when available.