Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Stirling Farm Market
Stirling Fruit Farms have been growing apples for over three generations and Stirling Farm Markets throughout the province carry a wide variety of Nova Scotia products. Be sure to check out all they have to offer! Use our guide to identify Taste producer products next time you’re shopping at Stirling to get your hands on local.
Look for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo where you eat, drink and shop to easily find products that are harvested, grown and produced right here in Nova Scotia! From our land. From our sea. From our hands. There are SO many ways to Get Your HANDS on local!
In Nova Scotia, you can find an abundance of freshly harvested produce available all year long. You’ll find plenty of Taste of Nova Scotia products throughout the produce section of Stirling Fruit Farm Market.
- Den Haan Greenhouses offers greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes, adding the perfect crunch to your salad or sandwich.
- Millen Farms is a family-owned sustainable farm with 600+ acres of wild low bush blueberries.
- Randsland Farms is a producer of local broccoli, cabbage and kale. They process fresh, ready-to-eat salad blends to make quick and simple side dishes. You can find their Supersalad mix, along with their cut and washed kale at Stirling year-round
- Stirling Fruit Farms carries their own apple line of products featuring apple pie and sweet apple cider.
- Stokdijk Greenhouses grow greenhouse cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers to satisfy all your vegetable cravings.
Meat & Seafood
Local farmers and fishers are an important part of our Nova Scotian culinary experience. Check out which producers of Nova Scotia meat and seafood you’ll find on your next trip to Stirling Farm Market.
- Comeau Seafoods has been a pillar in the Canadian seafood industry for more than 70 years producing seafood products including frozen herring fillets, scallops and herring roe. Their product lines also includes bacon-wrapped scallops, smoked cod and smoked haddock.
- Meadowbrook Meat Market‘s flagship location is located in the Annapolis Valley. All of their products are humanely raised and nutrient-rich.
Experience local dairy products with Fox Hill Cheese House yogurt, white milk, chocolate milk, and a variety of cheeses in the dairy section at Stirling.
Pantry & Snack Items
Fill your pantry with local products by looking for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo on these pantry staples and snack items.
- HELEN B’s Preserves make jams, pickles and relish that embrace the traditional flavours Nova Scotians have always loved. Their entire product selection is available at the Stirling Farm Market.
- Mrs. MacGregor’s Shortbreads has been producing delicious shortbread since 2004. Using a generations-old family recipe, you can find a variety of flavors including Canadian Maple, Lavender & Lemon and Chocolate on the shelves of Stirling.
- Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet produces products in a 100 per cent gluten-free kitchen. Wholesome ingredients go into delicious and nourishing on-the-go foods for people sensitive to what goes into their bodies. From potato-millet bread to pumpkin muffins, brownies and granola; their goodies feature quality, nutritionally-dense ingredients.
- Valley Flaxflour Ltd. uses all Canadian, GMO-free ingredients in their versatile gluten-free all-purpose gold and brown flax flour found at Stirling.
Sip local flavors all year long by enjoying a locally-made beverage.
- Solas Kombucha produces quality local kombucha. Using hyperlocal ingredients where possible, they come up with complex and delicious varieties, all available at Stirlings.
- Pure high mineral content water, blends with premium fresh Nova Scotia fruit to create Viveau. All-natural Nova Scotia ingredients are expertly crafted to produce three flavours: blueberry, cherry, and apple.
- Van Dyk’s By Nature produces delicious 100 per cent wild blueberry juice, blueberry powder and dried blueberries made from only Nova Scotia wild blueberries. Their blueberry juice includes no added water, sugar or preservatives.
Stirling’s Farm Market (Greenwich)
Address: 10328, Nova Scotia Trunk 1, Wolfville, NS B4P 2R2
Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 9 am – 7 pm, Thursday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Contact: (902) 542-2789
Stirling Farm Market (Bedford)
Address: 873 Bedford Hwy, Bedford, NS B4A 1A7
Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
Contact: (902) 835-8326
Stirling Farm Market (Bible Hill)
Address: 325 Main St, Bible Hill, NS B6L 5G9
Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
Contact: (902) 895-4956
Stirling Farm Market (Blue Acres)
Address: 339 Bridge Ave, New Glasgow, NS B2H 5C5
Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
Contact: (902) 755-2458
Have you discovered a new local product? Tried something new? We would love to hear from you! Use #GetYourHandsOnLocal to share your local story on social!
We believe in connecting over food and drink! Make sure to tag us on your culinary adventures and subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia newsletter for more news and culinary info.
@TasteofNS | #TasteofNS