What’s Cooking: January 21 – 28
The first month of 2021 is flying by! Already thinking of Valentine’s Day plans? We’ve got you covered with gift ideas, getaways, special dinners, and more! Keep reading for highlights from members, exciting events for all foodies, and a delicious pizza recipe from Morris East.
Mark your calendars! The Canteen is reopening for dine-in on Tuesday, January 26, and they’re bringing back their bar seating! You’ll be able to enjoy a seat at the bar with your favourite people while being safely separated from your neighbours with new partitions.
Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet
Looking for a quick and healthy snack option for school or work? Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet has you covered with their new Superfood Fuel Cookie. This has all the deliciousness of a cookie, but it’s filled with nourishing ingredients that will provide sustained energy all day long! Visit their online shop to order yours today.
Some exciting news for all Nova 7 fans – the new 2020 vintage is almost here! With all the aromatics and blushing hues one would expect from a warm growing season, we can hardly wait to try! Be the first to know when the 2020 Nova 7 is available by joining Benjamin Bridge‘s email newsletter.
Valentine’s Day Specials
- Big Cove Foods is helping you celebrate Valentine’s Day with an exciting giveaway! You and your loved one could enjoy a weekend stay at Sarah’s Sunrise Cottage on Chance Harbour just off the Northumberland Strait of Nova Scotia. On top of this, the cottage will be fully stocked with Big Cove Foods products for your enjoyment! Check out their Instagram or Facebook for details on how you can enter.
- Salt Shaker Deli will be offering a special menu for the Valentine’s Day weekend, call 902-640-3434 to book your reservation now!
- Bulwark Cider’s Valentine’s Day collection is the perfect gift to share with a loved one! Choose from four gift sets: Sparkling Sips, Valentine’s Rosè, Valentine’s Cider Selection, or Desired Dessert. All are filled with delicious selections of cider and treats – visit their website or Cider House to get yours!
- Book a two-night getaway at Old Orchard Inn this Valentine’s Day and enjoy a special menu for dinner, there’s no better way to show someone you care! Visit their website to book your stay.
- Kitchen Door is letting you have a relaxing evening in with their four-course Valentine’s Dinner to go! Order online through their website.
- What’s better than wine and chocolate? How about wine flavoured chocolate! Petite Patrie Chocolate and Petite Riviere Vineyards have teamed up just in time for Valentine’s Day to bring you this decadent creation, yum!
- Crystany’s Brasserie has prepared a delicious three-course meal for dine-in or take out this Valentine’s Day. If you’re looking to reserve a table, email firstname.lastname@example.org to book now. (There will be live music too – how romantic!)
CRAVE Days is an epic food festival that engages locals in support of the food and beverage industry. From January 18 – 21, restaurants and producers around the province are featuring special items with a portion of each sale being donated to the Canadian Progress Club – Halifax, who funds organizations that support individuals of all ages with special needs. Visit www.cravedays.ca for more information. Participating Taste members include Avondale Sky Winery, Compass Distillers, Tatamagouche Brewing Co, Petite Riviere Vineyards, Barrelling Tide Distillery, Ironworks Distillery, Kitchen Door and Sunday Silence Coffee Co.
Dine Around 2021
Halifax’s tastiest month of the year is back! Dine Around 2021 promises to be spicier, juicier, and more delicious than ever! From February 1 – 28, savour special menus from your favourite Halifax restaurants, priced 10 – $50. This year restaurants are offering dine-in, take out, and delivery options, so it’s easier than ever to #supportlocalsafely! For more information visit www.dinearoundhfx.com.
Featured Recipe: Lumberjack Pizza
This isn’t any ordinary pizza – with a blend of local sausage and bacon, some incredible cheese and just the right amount veggies, you’ll feel like you’re ready to break out your best plaid and chop down some trees. The Lumberjack Pizza is perfect for sharing, but you probably won’t want to!
Get your hands on local squash, onions, parsnips, potatoes, apples, and garlic while shopping at Noggins Corner Farm Market, Masstown Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., and other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.