What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia July 21 to August 4?
July has been a great month so far but the culinary experiences aren’t over yet. From wine, tapas and birthday celebrations, to a deep sea fishing excursion, here’s what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week:
Enjoy a little #ThirstyThursday fun at Grand Pré Wines. Live music, tasty drinks and tapas make for a perfect night out.
Cocktail party anyone? The Hatfield House Culinary Experiences & Restaurant is hosting a soirée on their patio. Learn to make two types of cocktails and eat your way through delicious tapas – like lobster popcorn.
Sip wine on a vine side patio while enjoying live music and tasty eats this Saturday at Gaspereau Vineyards.
Experience dining on the ocean floor at low tide with The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery. Enjoy locally-sourced food and beverages, a guided shore tour, sunset gazing, and a bonfire atop the cliffs at Burntcoat Head park. Check out this great video from the first Dinner on the Ocean Floor.
Head up the coast for a steamy bowl of creamy seafood goodness at DesBarres Manor Inn this #ChowderWednesday.
Kick-off the weekend right with McKelvie’s Oyster Friday. Feast on $1.99 oysters all day long or try the $9.99 Sinful Caesar topped with an oyster for an experience you won’t forget.
Be part of the celebration this Food Day Canada. Treat your taste buds to delicious specials offered by some of our member restaurants, like Mateus Bistro, The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery, Chanterelle Country Inn, and Trout Point Lodge.
This weekend satisfy the culinary adventurer in you and experience the “A Taste of Nova Scotia” package offered by Delta Hotels. Head out on the open sea for a 4 hour deep sea fishing excursion, then have the award winning chefs at either Tempo Food + Drink or Harbour City Bar & Grill prepare your catch with all the fixing’s. For more information on how to book this package, click here.
On-going events to watch for:
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – September: The folks at Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub want to teach you all about lobster. Learn the tricks of the trade from local fishers atop a real lobster fishing boat every Tuesday from June 30 to September 15.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1pm-5pm for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 organic Rosé.
- July – August: Set sail each Wednesday this summer with Luckett Vineyards and Tall Ship Silva for their Wine on the Water event. Feast on a five-course meal while you enjoy local wines and a two hour tour of the harbour.
- July – August: Enjoy live music, martinis, mojitos, and tapas on the outdoor patio at Domaine de Grand Pré every Thursday from July 2 to August 27.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tours on select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn.
- All summer long: Pizza, sandwiches and more – Experience it all at Scanway Bakery & Café with their summer rooftop patio menu.
Save the Date:
- August 7 & 8, 2015: The Halifax Seaport BeerFest returns for its ninth annual “Beer on the Pier” at the Cunard Center. Get your tickets at select NSLC stores or online.
- August 7-9, 2015: Seared, wrapped in bacon, drizzled with butter – enjoy Nova Scotia scallops at this year’s Digby Scallop Days.
- August 14-29, 2015: The Annual Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival is taking place with blueberry themed events throughout central Nova Scotia. Make sure you don’t miss out.
- August 15 and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery – Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only two more dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
- August 20 and September 17, 2015: The Coast is proud to bring you another summer of food truck fare with their Food Truck Party. Admission is $2.
- September 19, 2015: Eat, drink and enjoy all things garlic at the Avondale Garlic Festival held at the beautiful Avondale Sky Winery.
- September 23-26, 2015: Tickets for the NSLC Port of Wines Festival go on sale August 7 – Don’t miss out on this great event.
- October 3, 2015: All you can eat oysters plus local craft beer and wine at the Halifax Oyster Fest on the waterfront.
- October 16-18, 2015: Get Spirited Away in Lunenburg with Nova Scotia’s first ever Craft Spirits Festival.