Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Masstown Market
Masstown Market is an award-winning, family-owned business celebrating more than 50 years of excellence in specialty food, gifts and garden retailing. The Market has built its reputation around great service and fresh, local foods, including fruits and vegetables, baked goods, delicatessen and gourmet products, a café and dairy bar, a NSLC boutique, unique giftware and a fully stocked garden center. Check out our list of the Taste products available at Masstown Market to prepare for the next time you head to this iconic destination.
Look for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo where you eat, drink and shop to easily find products that are harvested, grown, and produced right here in Nova Scotia! From our land. From our sea. From our hands. There are SO many ways to Get Your HANDS on local!
In Nova Scotia, we’re lucky to have an abundance of local produce available year-round. You’ll find lots of Taste of Nova Scotia products throughout the produce section of Masstown Market.
- Agri-Growers harvests a wide range of high-quality products including cut and peeled mini carrots, fresh carrots, rainbow carrots, parsnips, turnips and beets.
- Millen Farms is a family-owned sustainable farm with 600+ acres of wild low bush blueberries. Their blueberries are available at Masstown Market in a variety of sizes.
- Randsland Farms is a producer of local broccoli, cabbage and kale. They process fresh, ready-to-eat salad blends to make quick and simple side dishes. You can find their Supersalad mix and cut and washed kale, at Masstown year-round.
- Scotian Gold is Atlantic Canada’s largest apple producer, growing an array of Nova Scotian snacking and baking apples including Paula Red, Sweet Tango, Gravenstein and more.
- Stokdijk Greenhouses grow greenhouse cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers – they can all be found at Masstown Market!
Meat & Seafood
Local farmers and fishers are a valuable part of our Nova Scotian culinary experience. Check out which producers of Nova Scotia meat and seafood products that you’ll find on your next trip to Masstown Market.
- Comeau Seafoods has been a pillar in the Canadian seafood industry for more than 70 years producing seafood products including frozen herring fillets, scallops and herring roe. Their product lines also include bacon-wrapped scallops, smoked cod and smoked haddock which you can find in the freezer section at Masstown.
- Meadowbrook Meat Market‘s flagship location is located in the Annapolis Valley. All of their products are humanely raised and nutrient-rich.
- The Pork Shop produces more than 70 products including smoked pork chops, gluten-free sausages, roasts, spiced capicola steak and more. A variety of their products are available at Masstown Market.
Experience local dairy products with Fox Hill Cheese House. Their sixth-generation family farm, provides milk from their own herd of cows for specialty cheese, natural yogurt and fresh pasteurized non-homogenized milk in glass bottles, all available at Masstown Market.
Never underestimate the joy of a cup of local coffee – Nova Scotia coffee roasters have your local coffee cravings covered.
- Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op offers specialty grade, certified fair trade, SPP (Small Producers Symbol), organic coffee.
- Laughing Whale Coffee Roasters produces sustainable, ethical and delicious coffee that will have you “laughing” in no time.
Pantry and Snack Items
Fill your pantry with local products by looking for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo on these pantry staples and snack items.
- Acadian Maple Products makes 100 per cent pure Nova Scotia maple syrup and maple butter that you must try on your pancakes.
- Big Cove Foods produces a wide range of all-natural gourmet spice blends – you will find a variety of their products at Masstown Market as well as their salted caramels for a sweet treat.
- Cornect Family Farm has been keeping bees for more than 24 years. Their products include liquid and creamed honey, honeycomb (in season), honey butter, cranberry chutney, gluten-free Bee Sting BBQ Sauce and Bee Sting Honey Mustard.
- HELEN B’s Preserves make authentic jams, pickles and relish that embrace the traditional flavours Nova Scotians have always loved. Their entire selection of products is available at Masstown Market.
- Mrs. MacGregor’s Shortbreads has been producing delicious shortbread since 2004. Using a generations-old family recipe, they create a variety of flavors including Canadian Maple, Lavender & Lemon and Chocolate.
- Mad Gringo Hot Sauce produces several flavours of hot sauce featuring Nova Scotia products along with spicy beans, salt, chocolate and more.
- Valley Flaxflour Ltd. uses all Canadian, GMO-free ingredients in their versatile gluten-free all-purpose flax flour.
Sip local flavors all year long by trying a locally made beverage.
- Van Dyk’s By Nature produces delicious 100 per cent wild blueberry juice, blueberry powder and dried blueberries made from only Nova Scotia wild blueberries. Their blueberry juice features no added water, sugar or preservatives.
- Pure high mineral content water, blends with premium fresh Nova Scotia fruit to create Viveau. All-natural Nova Scotia ingredients are expertly crafted to produce three flavours: blueberry, cherry and apple.
Address: 10622, Nova Scotia Trunk 2, Debert, NS B0M 1G0
Hours: Daily from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Contact: email@example.com (902) 662-2816
Have you discovered a new local product? Tried something new? We would love to hear from you! Use #GetYourHandsOnLocal to share your local story on social!
We believe in connecting over food and drink! Make sure to tag us on your culinary adventures and subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia newsletter for more news and culinary info.
@TasteofNS | #TasteofNS