Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Meadowbrook Meat Market
Meadowbrook Meat Market has been rooted in farming since the 1970’s. Their markets have become a way of providing quality meat products to the community as well as supporting other local businesses by selling their products in theirs stores. To assist you in getting your hands on local at Meadowbrook Meat Market, we’ve compiled a list of the Taste of Nova Scotia producer products that are available at their locations.
Look for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo where you eat, drink and shop to easily find products that are harvested, grown, and produced right here in Nova Scotia! From our land. From our sea. From our hands. There are SO many ways to Get Your HANDS on local!
Farmers’ across Nova Scotia have an abundance of freshly harvested produce available all year long.
- Agri-Growers harvests a wide range of high-quality products including cut and peeled mini carrots, fresh carrots, rainbow carrots, parsnips, turnips and beets.
- At Meadowbrook Meat Market you’ll find many DeHaan Greenhouses greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes on the shelves, adding the perfect crunch to your salad or sandwich.
- Randsland Farms is a producer of local broccoli, cabbage and kale. They process fresh, ready-to-eat salad blends to make quick and simple side dishes. You can find their Supersalad mix and cut and washed kale, at Meadowbrook.
- Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd. has been associated with apples and farming in Nova Scotia’s Annapolis Valley since 1917. Find their apples at Meadowbrook Meat Market.
Meadowbrook meat products are humanely raised and nutrient-rich. Their products include fresh cuts of pork, Atlantic beef, their own Jimmie dogs (hot dogs) and signature ham.
Experience local dairy products with Fox Hill Cheese House. Their sixth-generation family farm, provides milk from their own herd of cows for specialty cheese, natural yogurt and fresh pasteurized non-homogenized milk in glass bottles.
Never underestimate the joy of a cup of local coffee – Nova Scotian coffee roasters have your local coffee cravings covered. Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op offers specialty grade, certified fair trade, SPP (Small Producers Symbol), organic coffee.
Pantry & Snack Items
Fill your pantry staples with local products by looking for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo on these pantry staples and snack items.
- Acadian Maple Products makes 100 per cent pure Nova Scotia maple syrup and maple butter that you MUST try on your pancakes.
- Valley Flaxflour Ltd. uses all Canadian, GMO-free ingredients in its variety of gluten-free products. At Meadowbrook, you’ll find their, pancake & cookie mix, all-purpose flax flour and smoothie booster.
- Mad Gringo Hot Sauce produces several flavours of hot sauce featuring Nova Scotia products along with spicy beans, salt, chocolate and more.
Sip the local flavors all year long by trying a locally made beverage.
- Solas Kombucha produces quality local kombucha. Using hyperlocal ingredients where possible, they come up with complex and delicious varieties, all available at Meadowbrook.
- Canada Geese (Spa Springs Canada Geese Mineral Water) produces a natural high calcium mineral water. Due to its balanced taste, this gently sparkling water is perfect as a thirst quencher or as a companion to delicate food.
- Van Dyk’s By Nature produces delicious 100 per cent wild blueberry juice, blueberry powder and dried blueberries made from only Nova Scotia wild blueberries and includes no added water, sugar, or preservatives.
- Pure high mineral content water, blends with premium fresh Nova Scotia fruit to create Viveau. All-natural Nova Scotia ingredients are expertly crafted to produce three flavours: blueberry, cherry and apple.
- Chill Street Craft Beverages non-alcoholic sodas are available at Meadowbrook so that you can “chill out” and enjoy.
Meadowbrook Meat Market Locations
Address: Somerset Market: 313 Pleasant Valley Road, Somerset, B0p 1E0
Hours: Monday to Wednesday 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., Thursday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 538-1106
Address: Alderney Landing Market: 2 Octerloney Street Dartmouth, B2Y-2W1
Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., closed Sunday & Monday
Contact: email@example.com (902) 464-2272
Have you discovered a new local product? Tried something new? We would love to hear from you! Use #GetYourHandsOnLocal to share your local story on social!
We believe in connecting over food and drink! Make sure to tag us on your culinary adventures and subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia newsletter for more news and culinary info.
@TasteofNS | #TasteofNS