Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Noggins
Set in the heart of the Annapolis Valley, Noggins Corner Farm has been family-owned and operated since 1760. From crisp apples to fresh sweet corn and the Valley’s first crop of apricots, Noggins features a selection of locally grown fruits and vegetables for you to enjoy. With market locations in Greenwich, Dartmouth, Halifax and Bedford their friendly and knowledgeable staff will introduce you to their selection of local produce, meats, dairy, bakery items and prepared foods so that you can Get Your Hands on Local.
Look for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo where you eat, drink and shop to easily find products that are harvested, grown, and produced right here in Nova Scotia! From our land. From our sea. From our hands. There are SO many ways to Get Your HANDS on local!
In Nova Scotia, you can find an abundance of freshly harvested produce available all year long. Noggins grows a selection of fruit and vegetables to enjoy, along with many Taste producer products available for purchase:
- Den Haan Greenhouses produces greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes, adding the perfect crunch to your salad or sandwich.
- Millen Farms is a family-owned sustainable farm with 600+ acres of wild low bush blueberries. Their blueberries are available at Noggins in a variety of sizes.
- Randsland Farms is a producer of local broccoli, cabbage and kale. They process fresh, ready-to-eat salad blends to make quick and simple side dishes. Find their Supersalad mix, cut and washed kale, and coleslaw mix at Noggins year-round.
- Stokdijk Greenhouses grow greenhouse cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers – all available at Noggins.
Meat & Seafood
Local farmers and fishers are an important part of our Nova Scotian culinary experience. At Noggins, find Afishionado Fishmongers haddock, sustainable blue salmon and hot smoked Atlantic salmon.
Experience local dairy products with Fox Hill Cheese House yogurt, white milk, chocolate milk and a variety of cheeses available at Noggins.
Never underestimate the joy of a cup of local coffee – Nova Scotia coffee roasters have your local coffee cravings covered. At Noggins, look for:
- Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op offers specialty grade, certified fair trade, SPP (Small Producers Symbol), organic coffee.
- Laughing Whale Coffee Roasters produces sustainable, ethical, and delicious coffee that will have you “laughing” in no time.
Pantry & Snack Items
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, look for locally-made jams, mouthwatering pies and freshly baked bread. Fill your pantry with local products by looking for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo on these pantry staples and snack items.
- Boulangerie la Vendéenne produces artisanal bread, made with quality organic ingredients and a wide selection of pastries and viennoiseries.
- HELEN B’s Preserves makes jams, pickles, and relish that embrace the traditional flavours Nova Scotians have always loved. Their entire product selection is available at Noggins.
- Made with Local brings together the yummiest ingredients to create Real Food Bars and Loaded Oats instant oatmeal to ensure your snacks have local love.
- Mrs. MacGregor’s Shortbreads has been producing delicious shortbread since 2004. Using a generations-old family recipe, they create a variety of flavors including Canadian Maple, Lavender & Lemon and Chocolate on the shelves of Noggins.
- Sable Shortbread makes gourmet shortbread cookies by hand, in small batches. Sourcing the finest local, organic, fair-trade ingredients, Sable Shortbread creates classic and contemporary flavours that will delight your taste buds.
- Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet produces products in a 100 per cent gluten-free kitchen. Wholesome ingredients go into delicious and nourishing on-the-go foods for people sensitive to what goes into their bodies. From potato-millet bread to pumpkin muffins, brownies, and granola; their goodies feature quality, nutritionally-dense ingredients.
- Tidal Salt brings the flavor of the Atlantic to everything it touches with its line of Fleur de Sel and flavored sea salts.
- Valley Flaxflour Ltd. uses all Canadian, GMO-free ingredients in its variety of gluten-free products. At Noggins, you’ll find their buckwheat flour, oatmeal, whole oats, pancake & cookie mix, all-purpose flax flour, Canadian breakfast cereal and smoothie booster.
Sip local flavors all year long by enjoying a locally-made beverage.
- Chill Street Craft Beverages non-alcoholic sodas are available at Noggins Corner Farm so that you can “chill out” and enjoy.
- Solas Kombucha produces quality local kombucha. Using hyperlocal ingredients where possible, they come up with complex and delicious varieties, all available at Noggins.
- Van Dyk’s By Nature produces delicious 100 per cent wild blueberry juice, blueberry powder and dried blueberries made from only Nova Scotia wild blueberries, and includes no added water, sugar or preservatives.
- Pure high mineral content water, blends with premium fresh Nova Scotia fruit to create Viveau. All-natural Nova Scotia ingredients are expertly crafted to produce three flavours: blueberry, cherry and apple.
Noggins Corner Farm Locations
Address: Alderney Landing, 40 Alderney Dr, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4W1
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 pm, Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 pm., Sunday 1 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Contact: (902) 237-7466
Address: Noggins Corner Farm Market, 10009 Hwy #1 Greenwich, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R2
Hours: Monday – Sunday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Contact: (902) 542-5515
Address: Seaport, 1209 Marginal Road, Halifax,
Hours: Wednesday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday & Tuesday CLOSED.
Contact: (902) 680-5805
Address: Santé Centre, Gary Martin Dr, Bedford, NS B4B 1H3
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Contact: (902) 404-4400
Have you discovered a new local product? Tried something new? We would love to hear from you! Use #GetYourHandsOnLocal to share your local story on social!
We believe in connecting over food and drink! Make sure to tag us on your culinary adventures and subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia newsletter for more news and culinary info.
@TasteofNS | #TasteofNS