Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Pete’s Frootique & Fine Foods
Looking for a guide to purchase local products? Our Guide to Get Your Hands on Local at Pete’s Frootique & Fine Foods will make it easy for you to get your hands on as many Taste of Nova Scotia identified products as possible on your next trip.
Look for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo where you eat, drink and shop to easily find products that are harvested, grown, and produced right here in Nova Scotia! From our land. From our sea. From our hands. There are SO many ways to Get Your HANDS on local!
In Nova Scotia, you can find an abundance of freshly harvested produce available all year long. Find these Taste of Nova Scotia products throughout the produce section of Pete’s.
- Country Magic ‘s primary crops include highbush blueberries, onions, potatoes, strawberries and blackberries that are all available at Pete’s Frootique (during their appropriate season) to ensure you get a taste of Nova Scotian fresh produce.
- Stirling Fruit Farms has been associated with apples and farming in the Annapolis Valley since 1917. They are proud to display the Taste of Nova Scotia logo of their sweet apple cider, available at Pete’s Frootique.
Local farmers and fishers are an important part of our Nova Scotian culinary experience. You’ll find Nova Scotia meat from Meadowbrook Meat Market at Pete’s Frootique. Located in the Annapolis Valley, all of their products are humanely raised, nutrient-rich and their pork is their signature product.
Never underestimate the joy of a cup of local coffee – Nova Scotian coffee roasters have your local coffee cravings covered. At Noggins, look for:
- Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op offers specialty grade, certified fair trade, SPP (Small Producers Symbol), organic coffee.
- Laughing Whale Coffee Roasters produces sustainable, ethical and delicious coffee that will have you “laughing” in no time.
Pantry & Snack Items
Fill your pantry with local products by looking for the Taste of Nova Scotia logo on these pantry staples and snack items.
- Boulangerie la Vendéenne produces artisanal bread, made with quality organic ingredients and a wide selection of pastries and viennoiseries.
- Big Cove Foods produces a wide range of all-natural gourmet spice blends so that you don’t have to be a good cook to get delicious results. Pete’s carries a variety of their spice blends as well as their salted caramels for a sweet treat.
- Galloping Cows Fine Foods feature six flavours of jalapeno pepper jellies, fruit sauces, jams, chutneys, beverages and gift sets that have been a hit at the Oscars, Golden Globes and TIFF!
- HELEN B’s Preserves make jams, pickles, and relish that embrace the traditional flavours Nova Scotians have always loved. Their entire product selection is available at Pete’s.
- Made with Local brings together the yummiest ingredients to create Real Food Bars and Loaded Oats instant oatmeal to ensure your snacks have local love.
- Mad Gringo Hot Sauce keeps it spicy from mild to wild, there’s something for everyone in their hot sauces, spicy beans and more.
- Sable Shortbread makes gourmet shortbread cookies by hand, in small batches. Sourcing the finest local, organic, fair-trade ingredients, Sable Shortbread creates classic and contemporary flavours that will delight your taste buds.
- Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet produces products in a 100 per cent gluten-free kitchen. Wholesome ingredients go into delicious and nourishing on-the-go foods for people sensitive to what goes into their bodies. From potato-millet bread to pumpkin muffins, brownies, and granola; their goodies feature quality, nutritionally-dense ingredients.
- Shivani’s Kitchen offers gluten free, preservative free authentic Indian spice blends and ready to use sauces to create delicious dishes like dreamy butter chicken, sweet and savory curry and spicy tikka! Experience the bold, authentic flavors of India.
- Tidal Salt brings the flavor of the Atlantic to everything it touches with its line of Fleur de Sel and flavored sea salts.
- Valley Flaxflour Ltd. uses all Canadian, GMO-free ingredients in their breakfast cereal, all-purpose flour, pancake and cookie mix, whole oats, oatmeal that can each be found at Pete’s Frootique.
Sip local flavors all year long by trying a locally made beverage.
- Solas Kombucha produces quality local kombucha. Using hyperlocal ingredients where possible, they come up with complex and delicious varieties, all available at Pete’s.
- Pure high mineral content water, blends with premium fresh Nova Scotia fruit to create Viveau. All-natural Nova Scotia ingredients are expertly crafted to produce three flavours: blueberry, cherry, and apple.
- Van Dyk’s By Nature produces delicious 100 per cent wild blueberry juice made from only Nova Scotia wild blueberries. Their blueberry juice features no added water, sugar or preservatives.
Pete’s Frootique & Fine Foods Locations
Address: 1515 Dresden Row, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 4B1
Hours: Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Contact: (902) 425-5700
Address: 1595 Bedford Highway, Sunnyside Mall, Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 3Y4
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Contact: (902) 835-4997
Have you discovered a new local product? Tried something new? We would love to hear from you! Use #GetYourHandsOnLocal to share your local story on social!
We believe in connecting over food and drink! Make sure to tag us on your culinary adventures and subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia newsletter for more news and culinary info.
@TasteofNS | #TasteofNS