What’s Cooking: November 26 – December 3
This weeks’ update includes everything from retail, resort, and restaurant updates to many ways to gift locally over the holidays. Keep reading for a delicious feature recipe and tips on how to continue to support Nova Scotia businesses.
Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Holiday Gift Boxes
In celebration of the holiday season, Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet has launched three limited-edition holiday gift boxes for the gluten-free, gluten-free/dairy-free, and gluten-free/vegan folks that mean the most to you! All three packages are $35 and contain a curated selection of freshly baked, handmade goodies and a half pound of medium roast coffee; the perfect pairing to sip on while enjoying these scrumptious eats and treats!
Liquid Assets’ Grand Pré Wines Holiday Promotion
12 Nights of Organic Wine from L’Acadie Vineyards
Shivani’s Kitchen Product Sale
This Friday, Nov. 27th, stock up on all your Shivani’s Kitchen favorites during their Black Friday sale and get 30 per cent off the entire online shop. Give gifts that allow your loved ones to explore Indian flavours from the comfort of home and inspire them to create delicious dishes. Use the promo code BLACKFRIDAY from Friday, Nov. 27 to Monday, Nov. 30.
Stay and play your way with a Fox Harb’r Resort gift card. Your loved ones can design their own custom vacation with an elegant spa, gourmet dining options, outdoor activities, and an ocean-side round of golf. Now until November 30th, purchase a gift card and they will top it up by 10 per cent! Visit their website for more information.
Rose & Kettle To Go
Did you know the Rose & Kettle at the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum has an online shop? Stocked with new offerings, along with your favorites! Place your order by noon on Thursdays for items like Creamy Turnip Soup, Cranberry Orange Scones and more! Visit their online shop for more information.
Restaurants providing take out this week
Beginning November 26, new restrictions were implemented in and around HRM. Restaurants and licensed establishments must now close to in-person dining, and taprooms, distilleries, and wineries must pause sampling. With many more locations outside the city taking precautions we’re sharing a list of Taste of Nova Scotia businesses who are now providing take out and/or delivery.
*Please note we are continuing to update this list as new locations are announced. For a complete list, please visit our Get Your Hands on Local website resource.
Halifax Regional Municipality:
- 2 Doors Down (HRM and Dartmouth Crossing) (take out)
- Battery Park Beer Bar (take out)
- Brooklyn Warehouse (take out)
- Inn on the Lake (take out)
- Kitchen Door (pick up and delivery)
- Morris East (curbside pick up, take out, or delivery)
- Shuck Seafood and Raw Bar (take out)
- The Orient Chinese Cuisine (contactless curbside pick up)
- Waterfront Warehouse (take out)
- Chain Yard Urban Cidery (free delivery in HRM)
- Garrison Brewing Company (delivery)
- Propeller Brewing Company (HRM home delivery)
- Lake City Cider (delivery)
- Heartwood Restaurant (take out and delivery)
- Obladee, A Wine Bar (take out and delivery)
- The Canteen on Portland & Little C (take out)
Bay of Fundy and Annapolis Valley:
- Avondale Sky Winery (delivery)
- Le Caveau Restaurant (dine in and take out).
- Church Brewing Company (take out, delivery, and dine in at a limited capacity)
- The Union Street (take out and curbside pick up)
- Lightfoot and Wolfville Vineyards (contactless local delivery service)
- The Flying Apron Inn and Cookery (dine in and take out)
- L’Acadie Vineyards (retail shop closed, contactless pickup and Wolfville area delivery available)
- Lane’s Privateer Inn (dine in and take out)
- Rhubarb Restaurant (take out)
- Salt Shaker Deli (take out)
- Lincoln Street Food (take out)
- Mateus Bistro (dine in and take out)
- Peasant’s Pantry (take out)
- Rebecca’s Restaurant (dine in and take out)
- Sou’Wester Restaurant (take out)
- Rose and Rooster (take out)
Featured Recipe: Battery Park Stout Cake
We may not be able to enjoy a glass of stout at Battery Park right now, but we love local craft beer so much that we put it in cake! This Stout Cake recipe from Battery Park includes stout beer and takes less than an hour to make. Best served with coffee, or perhaps more craft beer?
Get your hands on local sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, parsnips, cabbage, and cranberries while shopping at Noggins Corner Farm Market, Masstown Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., any other of the Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia. Find your local stout or dark ale at a local brewery.
Tips for Supporting Local
Check out our Get Your Hands on Local page and select your region. This will find restaurants, food and beverage producers and markets closest to you and what kind of services they’re offering, allowing you to purchase local food and drink at a distance!
For daily updates, keep an eye on our social media pages (@TasteofNS). Thank you for supporting local, and check back next week for more updates!