What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia July 28 to August 11?
Grab a drink or dinner before taking in a show at the Buskers, support local restaurants’ Food Day Canada celebrations or have a “Beer on the Pier” during the annual Seaport BeerFest. Here’s a taste of what’s cooking in Nova Scotia:
This #ChowderWednesday stop by Gio and feast on a bowl of creamy goodness, and while you’re there sip the night away during their cocktail hour.
July 29 – August 3
Get ready for high-flying acrobatics, master artistry and comedy galore at this year’s Halifax International Busker Festival. Start each day with a sweet treat from Scanway Bakery & Café and then head to either Stillwell or Field Guide for dinner and drinks.
East meets West at The Galley Restaurant & Lounge this Thursday with their Asian themed buffet. All you can eat Korean grilled pork, chicken chop suey and so much more for only $22.95.
Where will you celebrate Food Day Canada? Treat your taste buds to a delicious meal at any of these Taste of Nova Scotia restaurants:
This weekend satisfy the culinary adventurer in you and experience the “A Taste of Nova Scotia” package offered by Delta Hotels. Head out on the open sea for a four hour deep sea fishing excursion, then have the award-winning chefs at either Tempo Food + Drink or Harbour City Bar & Grill prepare your catch with all the fixings. For more information on how to book this package, click here.
This #ThirstyThursday discover Nova Scotia wines by taking a tour on the Wolfville Magic Winery Bus. This tour will get you four stamps on your Good Cheer Trail passport – only 34 more to go!
The Halifax Seaport BeerFest returns for its ninth annual “Beer on the Pier” at the Cunard Centre. Get your tickets and enjoy beers from all over the world, or keep it local with brews from Garrison, Propeller, Rare Bird, Muwin Estate and so many more.
Sear-ious Nova Scotia scallop fun all weekend long at the Digby Scallop Days Festival. Kick off this year’s event with a Princess Tea in the Garden Room at Digby Pines. Then on Saturday make sure to catch a cooking class with the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, he’ll be searing up a scallop storm all day long.
On-going events to watch for:
- May – November: Join Uncork Nova Scotia for a wine experience you won’t forget. Book one of their great tours before the season ends.
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – September: The team at Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub want to teach you all about lobster. Learn the tricks of the trade from local fishers atop a real lobster fishing boat every Tuesday from June 30 to September 15.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1pm-5pm for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 organic Rosé.
- July – August: Set sail each Wednesday this summer with Luckett Vineyards and Tall Ship Silva for their Wine on the Water event. Feast on a five-course meal while you enjoy local wines and a two hour tour of the harbour.
- July – August: Enjoy live music, martinis, mojitos, and tapas on the outdoor patio at Domaine de Grand Pré every Thursday from July 2 to August 27.
- July – September: Get ready for an amazing experience with Delta Hotels and Murphy’s on the Water. “A Taste of Nova Scotia” is a culinary adventure package you won’t want to miss so book your spot now.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tours on select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn.
- July – October: Hop on the bus for a tour to remember with the Wolfville Magic Winery Bus. Book your adventure today.
Save the Date:
- August 14, 2015: City Chefs at Sugar Moon Farm – Five chefs, five courses, five cocktails for a night you won’t want to miss.
- August 14-29, 2015: The Annual Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival is taking place with blueberry themed events throughout central Nova Scotia. Make sure you don’t miss out.
- August 15 and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery – Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only two more dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
- August 20 and September 17, 2015: The Coast is proud to bring you another summer of food truck fare with their Food Truck Party. Admission is $2.
- August 23, 2015: Get ready for a Nova Scotia Wine Country “Wine Ride” through the Annapolis Valley. A portion of each registration fee will go to Feed Nova Scotia, so visit the website and register for your spot in this great event.
- September 19, 2015: Eat, drink and enjoy all things garlic at the Avondale Garlic Festival held at the beautiful Avondale Sky Winery.
- September 19-27, 2015: Get Tubular at this year’s Sausage Fest with sausage themed events happening all week long. For more information and a list of events, visit them here.
- September 23-26, 2015: Tickets for the NSLC Port of Wines Festival go on sale August 7 – Don’t miss out on this great event.
- October 3, 2015: All you can eat oysters plus local craft beer and wine at the Halifax Oyster Fest on the waterfront.
- October 16-18, 2015: Get Spirited Away in Lunenburg with Nova Scotia’s first ever Craft Spirits Festival.